Where is God? “You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say “Goodbye.” I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, “Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK … I am ready to go.” I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn’t coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. “I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!” I said. “Of course I will show you the way home – only believe in Me now.” I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was with the Firefighters, the Police Officers, the Emergency Workers.
I was there, watching each brave step they took. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name – though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn’t hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; “Come to Me…this way…take My hand.” Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? September 11, 2001 was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are “ready to go.” I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. Remember…I love you.” Where is God? Only a prayer away, and it doesn’t have to be vocal.
written by Stacy Randall (Met In The Stairwell)
Ever wonder why the United States was targeted? Why is there so much violence in the Middle East? What is the source of the conflict? Read the Biblical Perspective on 9/11, Death, Terrorism, and the Middle East to find out.
Other 9/11 Articles
- Did God Allow the Attacks on 9/11 for a “Greater Good”?
- Atheism, Evil and Ultimate Justice
- Christianity and 9/11: Guilt by Association?
- Ground Zero: Why truth matters for preventing another 9/11-style attack
- Resources on the Problem of Evil
- Do all roads lead to God?
- Evil’s Three Faces and a Christian Response
- Where Was God on 9-11? A response to Rabbi Kushner
- Where Was God on 9/11?
- The Need for Moral Choices and Consequences
- Ground Zero: God, Evil, and Justice
- America After 9/11: Is Religion Evil?
- 9/11: “Full Cognitive Meltdown” and Its Fallout
- 9/11 Memorial: Christianity Offers Authentic Hope In The Face Of Suffering
- If God, Why Evil?
- On September 11th, 2001 Harmless Things Became Fearful